Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The Snowy Day

Well, apparently "Snowmageddon" is on it's way to Charlotte tomorrow.  It started snowing here this morning and it didn't stop the whole day.  We got out of school at noon and my kids were totally beside themselves they were so excited!  This is what it looked like out of my window at school early this morning.


We weren't the only school to get out early, so it took me over an hour to get home because the traffic was c-razy!!

My neighborhood was so pretty today.  I love living here because it is very wooded and it really looks beautiful in every season!  I know lots of people don't love winter, but I think winter has a certain beauty to it.  I am so glad I live somewhere that has distinct seasons!


Once I finally made it home, Lindy and I ran some errands together before the streets got too icy.


We stocked up on some yummy snow day food and I mailed my Valentine's Day packages to Mark and Laura.  I am just hoping Steve can make it home from Portland on Thursday.  We are supposed to get about 5-8 inches of snow here with a layer of ice on top tomorrow!  I don't think we will make it back to school this week.  I have never missed a Valentine's Day at school before but I don't think the roads will be safe on Friday.

Speaking of Valentine's Day, I walked out of my house yesterday and the sky was seriously SO pink!!


It was still pretty dark outside, so this is not the best quality.  But I thought it looked like a valentine! :)

Anyway...I am planning on watching some movies and doing some reading and watching the Olympics over the next few days.


Have you been watching the Olympics?  I have to admit, even though I am pulling for the USA, I thought this story  about Alex Bilodeau from Canada was so sweet and inspiring!

And, I think the commercials during the Olympics are even better than the ones during the Super Bowl! My favorite is the Procter and Gamble one about moms.  I think all moms can relate to it.

I was so sad today to hear that Shirley Temple died.  She was the cutest thing and looked so much like my mom did when she was a little girl.


I just love her wholesome movies and I love that she was a public servant and that even though she was a child star and famous, she stayed married to her husband for 55 years!

I am off to enjoy my night knowing I can sleep in tomorrow.  This winter has been so crazy.  I think we have only had one full week of school since Christmas?  I will let you know how it goes the next few days!  I am just praying that our power doesn't go out!

4 comments:

Lisa Odom said...

I cannot imagine your kids! I know they were too far gone to learn a single thing. We had no snow today, but are expecting snow and ice tomorrow. Of course my husband is in Hawaii this week! Last ice storm, we lost power for five days (that means water for us too) he was out of town and got home thirty minutes after the power came on. There are a few friends in Hawaii with him that are supposed to be flying home to Charlotte tomorrow and are worried about getting there.

Deidre said...

That picture of your neighborhood looks like something out of Narnia. Beautiful!! I hope your husband made it home!

Pressley Pages said...

Betsy, My wife, Nancy, and I were in your Mom's SS class at Briarlake. We love her and your Dad so much, as do so many of us at Briarlake. Please know that we have your Mom and your entire family in our prayers daily. Your Mom and Dad were such a big part of our live's for the 10 years they were with us. We love and miss them, but we are so happy they are back with their family.God Bless!!!

Pressley Pages said...

Betsy, My wife, Nancy, and I were in your Mom's SS class at Briarlake. We love her and your Dad so much, as do so many of us at Briarlake. Please know that we have your Mom and your entire family in our prayers daily. Your Mom and Dad were such a big part of our live's for the 10 years they were with us. We love and miss them, but we are so happy they are back with their family.God Bless!!!